It’s almost the most wonderful time of the year (in the fashion world) —NYFW!!! To help get you in the zone, I’ve made a playlist for you of some of the best tracks — old and new — to define the upcoming SS15 season!
La Roux has finally come out with a new album — YAY! The upbeat tunes on Trouble In Paradise are as electrically amazing as her debut album — I’ve listed a few of my favorites below for you to preview:
Although some things are definitely better higher end, drugstore brands are pretty much KILLING IT with beauty steals right now! I’ve picked my latest drug store favorites to share with you because they are too fab to keep to myself!
1. Maybelline Baby Lips - Whether I am in need of moisture or a tint of color, these balms are truly da bomb! My favorite colors include the classic Lip Balm in Pink Punch and the new Crystal Baby Lips in Twinkling Taupe; $4
2. Loreal Voluminous Miss Manga - Doll like lashes are my favorite and these “Manga” lashes give me that anime-like (in a good way!) girlish flutter; $8
3. Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream - Truly my fav BB Cream so far, this magic moisturizer offers all of the below for a mere $13
- Instant Perfection, All-In-One Anti-Aging.
- Reduces Wrinkles, Firms Skin And Evens Tone
- Hydrates For 24 Hours
- Broad Spectrum SPF 15
4. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam mascara - I’m obsessed with mascara — lashes really polish a face! — and often layer two different mascaras when dressing my eyes. Always a fan of 60s Twiggy-esque retro lashes, this mascara is my absolute favorite right now and pairs uber well with the MANGA; $5
5. Loreal Colour Riche Lip Balm makes my lips look amazingly glossy and kissable with a tint of color! My personal favorite shade is Tender Me Mauve; $8
6. OGX Brazilian Keratin Therapy Hydrating Keratin Masque — Since my last move, my hair has been SO DRY! I don’t know if it’s the summer humidity or the water in my new apt, but my hair was in need of some SERIOUS hydration! I now use this nourishing hair mask once a week and the coordinating conditioner every time I shampoo and my hair is soft & silky again; $8
7. Ponds Evening Soothe Wet Cleansing Towelettes - The summer has REALLY brought out the social butterfly in me and after a night out it’s even less likely than usual that I commit to my nighttime beauty routine — let alone wash off my makeup before bed (a huge no-no!). Thus these exfoliating towelettes have been a major skin-saver and also get me ready for bed with relaxing white tea and chamomile infusions; $5
8. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Night Renewal Cream - As you can tell from my past beauty posts, I am suddenly BEYOND concerned about aging. Living in NYC (Never-Never-Land!) one can feel ageless — there are really no standards of age here for anything — but that doesn’t mean that my body will cooperate and stay ageless without some help! Aside from super hydrating with water, I think the key is an amazing heavy night cream and Palmer’s night renewal cream is already pumping up my skin and minimizing my dark circles - yay! Try it out for only $9
Please share any of your own drugstore finds with me - I’d love to hear them!!
1 of 39 pages